PDA

View Full Version : Illumination - Bullu Dog

Craig
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I got the gauge package from Walk a ways back. I installed them. all is great. What wire do I tap into for illuminating the gauges when the lights are turned on?

6.5SmokeStack
09-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Someone posted the same post kindof, i believe they said it was the green wire, try using the search.

Craig
09-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks,

One or two posts after the green wire comment was this one.

Take care,

Craig

You don't even have to remove anything. Under the dash, to the right of the E-brake pedal is a terminal block mounted to the firewall with several open male spade connectors, looks like a fuse block. The upper left is on the panel light dimmer circuit. Confirm this, or one of the ones next to it, as being active. Plug and go. The previous owner of my truck installed some purple bullet lights under the dash to "mood light" the footwells. I followed his wiring back to there when I was finding a source for my guages. Hey what can I say, the truck came from East Texas, you should see the curley pinstripe accents on the fenders and doors! They are tasteful, not gaudy. If I ever get a digital camera, I'll have to have my 14 year old son show me how to post pictures!!!

Husker 6.5