PDA

View Full Version : Window Problem/ Lock problem

vggibrb
01-11-2007, 10:29 AM
This is my new truck so I'm in the mist of sorting problems out with it.

All of the windows work, but all can only be controled by the drivers controls. I assume that the drivers window lock switch is faulty but does anybody have any experiance with this problem.

The lock on the barn doors also fails to actuate with the rest of the truck, i assume that it is the lock motors, although it seems possible that the contacts on the pins are bad. any thought?

thanks
-ben

6.5 Suburban
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
The back barn door lock is most likely the contacts on the door. Open the back right side door and up on the post inside are contact pins. Take a fine grade sand paper and clean them. then lightly do the same to the contact on ther door. I had the exact same problem with mine and this resolved it. Mine actually had a green corrosion on them. As far as the lock out switch for the front controls, I would start by changing the switch. Check ebay. That is where I found a power mirror control switch for mine. Good luck.
Mike

christja
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I was having some issues with my locks and drivers seat controls. I found the bundle of wires going to the seat control under the drivers seat, When i sat on the seat the wires got smashed against the seat frame edge and had worn through and were shorting out. Some electrical tape and a piece of cardboard between the frame and the wires to prevent further rubbing did the trick.

sixnickel
01-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Another thing you want to check is the motor and linkage for the lock mechinism. Mine rusted up. I had to clean it up and lube it. Mine has"nt messed up in 2 years.