PDA

View Full Version : PMD Harness Plug

huntfishcamp
08-31-2008, 02:35 AM
All summer my truck has been stalling off and on, then it would start right back up. The PMD has gone out twice in the last 4 years (I just got it from my dad so it'll get moved whenever my budget sees green again). I just figured that the PMD was dying once again (my wallet actually started crying at this point). However driving through our hay field it stopped running completely. My pops just so happens to be a diesel mechanic and after 5 minutes under the hood he had found the harness on the PMD was bouncing and loosing its connection! An unused shoe string has fixed the problem thus far! So next time your having problem maybe check the plug....could save you enough money to buy some other toys :D

PS- Does anyone know where I can buy a good quality extension harness?

trukdoc
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
...try SS DIESEL supply...sorry couldn't resist

tlfry
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Walt doesn't sell one. I made my own. But if your plug is bad that doesn't help any. I would go to a wrecking yard and find a good plug and make my own rather than spend the $60 or so dollars they want for one.

grancito
08-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Anyone thought of cutting the plug in part out of an old PMD to use on an extension?

huntfishcamp
09-01-2008, 02:43 AM
I was going to actually take the plug out and check the prongs next time I get a chance. If they were bad I was going to see how hard it would be to just cut the bad connector off and the female connector of the new extension. then solder and heat shrink the two sets of wires together.

huntfishcamp
09-13-2008, 04:46 PM
So I ordered the new harness today. I also went ahead and ordered the extension harness from another site so i can move the pmd out of the engine compartment. Any recommendations where I should mount it?

grancito
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Enlarge the photo of my suburban, you can see it in the hole in the bumper passenger side, easiest place for me, also could be infront of the driver side battery.

94K30
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I put mine on the front bumper, sorta up side down from the way it mounted on the intake.....seal the PMD to the heat sink with RTV ( after it is mounted with heat paste) and put a dab on top of each mounting screw to keep out moisture. It ends up with the fins of the cooler about even with the bottom of the bumper, the FSD is on top of that, behind the licence plate....