PDA

View Full Version : Circulating tank heater install

JD_countryboy
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I have the lower rad hose for 94 and up, just not install yet. Where would you Y into to go into the block? If you Y into either heater hose, it would be flowing opposite direction. Which would only make a didffernce when trucks running, cause flow to heater core could bypass heater core and go straight to lower rad hose suction side of water pump, backward thru tank heater though. Would this be a problem? I know a few people on here have mentioned using an externally mounted circulating tank heater, whered you mount it and whered you Y into to go to the block? Thanks

MAGNUM SERVICES
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I had a external tank heater on my 89 ford Crown Victoria and plumbed it into the return heater hose to the engine. Just make sure it is below the radiator cap to prevent an air pocket from forming inside the cooling system. I always knew mine was working as it would always melt the snow on the hood. Hope this helps. Keith

94K30
02-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I have the lower rad hose for 94 and up, just not install yet. Where would you Y into to go into the block? If you Y into either heater hose, it would be flowing opposite direction. Which would only make a didffernce when trucks running, cause flow to heater core could bypass heater core and go straight to lower rad hose suction side of water pump, backward thru tank heater though. Would this be a problem? I know a few people on here have mentioned using an externally mounted circulating tank heater, whered you mount it and whered you Y into to go to the block? Thanks

there is a check valve in the heater unit to prevent backflow.....

JD_countryboy
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you for that info.