PDA

View Full Version : Cab Marker Lights

MAGNUM SERVICES
03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
My truck did NOT come with Marker lights and I would like to install them. I have seen plenty of Aftermarket products but have NOT seen a template to make sure they are in the correct location. Has anyone installed them before on a truck like mine? Is there already factory "marks" inside the cab under the headliner for where the holes are supposed to go? Is there a wiring harness already there? The truck has a standard rear view mirror. I have NOT pulled my headliner as it is in perfect condition and I do not want to ruin it. ANY and ALL replies will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Keith:D

Garth J
03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Why not install a sun visor with marker lights ...G

MAGNUM SERVICES
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
That is a thought but I do four wheel in the woods before cutting firewood and I am afraid I would tear that off and then have a :eek: big mess to fix!

ChevyCowboy
03-20-2009, 06:35 PM
no holes or marks what i did was pull the head liner and if you do it carful you wont mess it up take the moldings off over the door and the visors and im pretty sure it will cum down been over a year sence i did it and then the kit i bought was from advanced and you drill the one hole for the wire and put in two screws for each light and thats it. as far as placement i just kind of measure it out the best i could and used the good old step back and look to see where i wanted them and they turned out pretty darn good
the wireing is simple just hook them up in seires to the power wire and run that down to your running light switch they ground through the screws

MAGNUM SERVICES
03-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks!, Keith:)

6.5SmokeStack
03-31-2009, 08:01 AM
I did them on my fathers 98 ext cab and my 96 reg cab.. Like he said pull the plastic away and it should come down easy with the Velcro holding it up... I got the OEM's for my fathers truck, i actually found them in cabellas and the ones on mine i got from advanced auto, they don't look to bad, but i wish i went with the OEM's.

94K30
03-31-2009, 12:59 PM
smokestacks lights look just fine.....

MAGNUM SERVICES
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I took measurements off of a 97 2500 I saw sitting in a repair shop lot so I hope this will help me out in getting them in the correct positions!

6.5SmokeStack
04-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks 94k30... Good luck with it! We just went off eye on where they looked good :)