PDA

View Full Version : Brake lighs & turn singals

kbarkley
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
The other day my taillights started acting up and I havn't had time to check things over yet so I figured I'd get an opinon for I looked at tomorrow on my day off. Front corner light is out and needs to be replaced so I dont know if thats effecting my situation. The front turnsignal light on the passanger side doesn't blink, both filaments are on in the turnsignal blub, driverside works fine. maybe thats tired to the corner light being out? Now the brake lights/turnsignals work fine until I turn the headlights on, then when the lights are on and I hit the brakes the passanger brake light goes out and the reverse light lights up. Then when I turn either turn signal on the the brake lights and reverse lights flash, like the brake lights flashes on the reverse light goes off, then when the brake light is off then reverse light flashes.

grancito
06-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Sounds like rats ate the insulation off the wiring. Usually such crazy light behavior is caused by bad ground connection to one or more lights.

trukdoc
06-21-2009, 06:23 PM
...the back...sounds like brake signal is grounding thru b/u lite...lite set up is kind of cheeeesy on bed all bulbs on rear mounted on a plastic panel that cracks...part available aftermarket...

kbarkley
06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
havn't been on here in a while but wanted to let ya'll know i found the problem, was a broken ground in the wire casing running to pass. tail light , musta happened when i put the new bed on...thanks