PDA

View Full Version : headlights

God prefers Diesels
02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
My blinkers work, but my headlights and parklights don't. I checked with a testlight, and don't have power even to park, courtesy, inst panel on the fuse box. Did I miss a power wire? In the diagram it says the red wire goes to the hotblock, but I can't find anymore red wires except for a little tiny one.

Thanks!

P.S. My wipers don't work on int, or slow. Only on fast. And what were the relays on the firewall for?

God prefers Diesels
02-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Okay...I couldn't rest without figuring this one out.

I went back out there, strapped with a head lamp and my favorite three tools-test light, jumper wire, and wife.

Since I don't have a multimeter, I couldn't just run around the truck listening for tone, so I had to get crafty. I stuffed the jumper wire into the back of the headlight switch plugin, and handed the other end to my wife. I hooked up the test light, and stabbed loose wires one at a time while I had her poke the jumper onto the positive terminal. I knew the system was heated up through the headlight switch, so I just had to find a wire that would light up when she jumped it. I finally found it in the dash. It was a harness that plugged into the TCM. Now tomorrow I can heat up that wire and voila!, I have lights. Now I have to figure out which prongs are ground, low, and high beams on the sealed beam headlights, and wire them up. Two plus two!!

Still having wiper issues, but if I figure it out before you do, I'll post my results.

trukdoc
03-13-2010, 11:08 AM
...you still have a wife after this conversion then you definatly have a keeper...congradulattions...jd

God prefers Diesels
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I could go on and on with the crap she's had to deal with. Just today, I had her under my truck spinning the engine so I could pin time it!!

And I forgot to post about the wipers. The intermittent, washers, and low all go to a wire under the dash also. Why would that be routed through the TCM? I have no idea. I had to take my wiring loom apart just for that one dang wire, because it needed to go the opposite direction that I thought it needed to go...

The only wires that actually go through the hole on the pass side are the tach(white), wipers(grey), headlights(brown if I remember right). That's it!

We used to build houses together too. She helped me a week finishing one, then we built two more together after that! It's nice seeing a 120lb sweet thing loading a plywood jack with OSB so I didn't have to get off the roof!

vmac4
05-22-2010, 02:09 PM
is your module that you call the tcm,under the steering column.If it is that would be the bcm(body control module)What i call the tcm(transfer case control module) is behind the instrument cluster.

God prefers Diesels
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I was talking about the TCM(tranny control module) behind the glove box. But I've since remedied all my problems.