PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

Magnutz
11-08-2010, 09:45 AM
I need to buy new batteries, I think. Mine are 4 year old super starts. I need some input on which ones survive the longest in the diesel environment. I figure if I am going to spend 200 to 300 dollars on batteries I might as well get some advise. BTW what commonly kills the batteries over night? I am not leaving anything on or plugged into the lighter.

Rollin' Coal
11-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I have always used the Autozone Gold batteries in my trucks......the price is right, they have always received great reviews and they come with a great warranty.

grancito
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I need to buy new batteries, I think. Mine are 4 year old super starts. I need some input on which ones survive the longest in the diesel environment. I figure if I am going to spend 200 to 300 dollars on batteries I might as well get some advise. BTW what commonly kills the batteries over night? I am not leaving anything on or plugged into the lighter.

They die when the voltage is low in one, usually from an internal short, it then drains the other.

Magnutz
11-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I called the local auto parts store and there was still some warranty left on them. 2 Super Start Extremes for $83.00 800 cca each. Should work out as long as I don't have a short somewhere else. Keep ya posted