PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light Senors...

6.5SmokeStack
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
My ABS light has been on for a few weeks now, havent had any problems with it. I was just wondering is there 2 or 4 sensors? on all four wheels or just the front two? and how could i figure out witch sensor is dead? Scan with a computer? thanks!

6.5SmokeStack
03-12-2007, 12:54 PM
:) so any ideas, thanks!

Chevylover
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Seems to be that nobody replies :mad:

First scan with a diagnonis computer due to modelyear 96 and OBD 2.
Do you have got 4-wheel ABS or only rear wheel ABS ? Different ABS-lights and different sensors. Mine is a 95 with 4-wheel ABS. It has 3 sensors. One at each front wheel and one at the rear diff.

If you read the codes with the computer, it will tell you which one is the prob.

Hope this helps.

Cu,
Sven

6.5SmokeStack
03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
awsome, well i'll scan and go from there thanks dude your always a great help!!!!!!

sixnickel
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
A while back you were talking about a noise in the front end. The front wheel speed sensors are in the "unit" wheel bearings. One of the symptoms of bearings on there way out is the ABS light will come on.
With wear the clearance between the sensor and the tone ring gets out of range and turns the ABS light on. Jack it up put your head on the fender and spin the wheel you will feel a bad bearing in your head. Also grab the wheel and move it around feel for looseness Don't be afraid to be ruff with it. IF the bearings are Ok another thing these things do is rust and crap build up under the sensors and start to back out the sensor the bearing and that opens up that clearance again. If you get lucky you can get them out without snapping them, clean them up put them back in and be all set. There big bucks if you have to replace them so be careful. Good Luck!!

6.5SmokeStack
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
awsome thanks so much!!!