PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Rear Hatch Window on my 95 Suburban

bosshog
01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I just recently got my 95 Suburban and the rear window has a wiper. However, I found out from previous owner that the window was from a another truck.The wiper doesn't work. I took apart the housing on the inside of the window and the parts have a late (November) 1998 sticker. The previous owner said it needs a switch(?). If anyone has any info on how to get this thing operating, I'd appreciate it.

johnsonusn
01-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I did not know they had wipers? My 96' does not have any on the rear, does your 95' even have the controls for it? If not it's time for some jumper wires and a cheepo toggle switch.:)

jimclemjr
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
My 95 has a rear wiper and it still works fine. Even has a washer. The switch is on the upper right hand side of the dashboard above the rear window release button. It is a pop in little panel just like the hatch button. It is a three position switch with center position a delay mode. There is a button in the center of the switch which is a momentary contact for the washer control. I can not remember (ha) if the rear wiper uses the main reservoir or if there is a separate one in the rear, but I think it is the main one and the little tube goes all the way back there. If it was not raining right now I would go check, but if you want to know I will repost an answer. Hope this helps.

bosshog
05-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I really am trying to get the wiring scheme to make the wiper functional. I am trying to figure out if I can splice onto another wire w/o having to run 20 foot of wire thru my truck.