PDA

View Full Version : Good Clutch Kit Brand?

Sundance
03-30-2007, 04:09 PM
The title says it all. I need a new clutch kit for my 1995 6.5 3500HD.

3bals
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Member "scoobert" replyed to one of my posts and said that LUK clutches were junk and a Zoom clutch was the way to go. Now how he would know, I don't know as he has no member info in his profile. I don't know what he even drives. I just went with the recomendation of the transmission rebuild company. They told me about another brand too, but I don't remember. I do recall though that the other brand was more for engines with more horsepower and torque than what my 6.5 was capable of. So the extra money wasn't worth it.

I suggest researching it some and who knows maybe somebody on this forum may know. This forum wasn't available when I had issues.

Jody

njdevi11
03-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Centerforce Is a pretty good brand, I would get their setup its $555 shipped from ebay but i'm cheap. I actually might end up getting it since i want to convert from my th400 to an sm465. It includes a solid flywheel pressure plate and disc. I think it includes the throwout bearing as well.

Hey if you buy this ill buy your old stuff from you... if it still works ok :) Just trying to get it all together first for cheap then upgrade when I beat it to death.

njdevi11
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Actually that was an LUK kit on ebay I saw I made a mistake. The center force clutch kits are actually cheaper but do not include a new flywheel. Your looking at around $300-$400 For a dual friction Plate and Disk. Probably going to have to add on a throwout bearing on top of that. Still Center force is THE name in clutches.

I learned that the LUK setup requires you to change the flywheel and only LUK clutch parts will bolt to it, the standard GM or Center force wont.

turbos10
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Hayes also makes good products.