SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Service Throttle Soon

Default Service Throttle Soon

Hey Guys,
    Service throttle light came on today and truck basically just
    dropped down to idle, no power. I will check codes tomorrow but sounds like the APP may be bad. This has happened before. Was wondering if anyone has had to change this part and If it is available in the aftermarket? I am sure the dealer price will be sky high. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6536jim View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Service throttle light came on today and truck basically just
    dropped down to idle, no power. I will check codes tomorrow but sounds like the APP may be bad. This has happened before. Was wondering if anyone has had to change this part and If it is available in the aftermarket? I am sure the dealer price will be sky high. Thanks.
    It is available in the aftermarket, just have a look at "our" forum sponsor shop, SS DIESEL SUPPLY :

Accelerator Pedel Position Sensor

But it is better for every question at any time, if you include more information about the truck you're asking about.

Make, model, year, miles, tranny, etc.

Cu,
    Sven

Germany ? No thank's ! Anybody here, who offers a job incl. greencard/work permit ? - USA or Canada, it would be a pleasure to immigrate !

1995 Chevrolet K2500 Ext.Cab SB, FSD-Cooler, 3" Rancho Suspension Lift, Rancho Add-A-Leaf, Warp Speed Performance 4" Exhaust, Custom K&N Intake, 285/75/R16 BFG All-Terrain with 8x16 Alcoa's, 4x4 Posi-Lok, Deezee Bullbar, Stepbars, Lunarvisor, Roll-N-Lock Bedcover, Softtopper Bed Extender, Truck Nuts and much more ...

Default service throttle soon

Thanks for the inormation Chevy Lover. My truck is a 94 k3500 77k.
    Just a follow up I am now noticing that at times when I accelerate or push on the pedal it just does'nt react or there is a lag in acceleration and the throttle service light doesnt come on all the time. ***Question, Could this be caused by the 2 cycle oil I am now adding to the fuel????

truck has fsd cooler kit. thanks

It will be important to know which codes are stored. Since yours is 1994 -> OBD-1, you can read the codes with a paper clip via the SES light.

If you don't know how, just do a search here in the forum with key words "codes clear" or "read codes".

2-stroke-oil will not harm anything or causing these problems. I run about 0,5 liter of this oil in every full 26 gal. tank since i own the truck without any problems.

Cu,
    Sven

Germany ? No thank's ! Anybody here, who offers a job incl. greencard/work permit ? - USA or Canada, it would be a pleasure to immigrate !

1995 Chevrolet K2500 Ext.Cab SB, FSD-Cooler, 3" Rancho Suspension Lift, Rancho Add-A-Leaf, Warp Speed Performance 4" Exhaust, Custom K&N Intake, 285/75/R16 BFG All-Terrain with 8x16 Alcoa's, 4x4 Posi-Lok, Deezee Bullbar, Stepbars, Lunarvisor, Roll-N-Lock Bedcover, Softtopper Bed Extender, Truck Nuts and much more ...

That stupid pedal control unit is going out, $400 for a new one!!!!
    Grant H.
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 HD suburban "F" VIN FSD heat sync #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, no cat, mechanical waste gate, 220,000 miles, 4L80E Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.

Hi chevylover,
    Second time throttle light has come on in recent weeks. Codes are 27 and 23. Once again I am noticing no pedal response or a delay in acceleration
    and sometimes the ses and sts doesnt come on. I was reading that there are 3 separate Coils/sensors?? in the APP and one or two could be failing and the truck would continue to run. Also could there be anything malfunctioning in the I/P that would cause this problem? Thanks

DTC 23 - Accelerator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Range fault
    DTC 27 - Accelerator Pedal Position 2 Circuit Range fault

I think with 99% that the only way to fix your problem, is to change the ACC pedel position sensor.

I don't think that this problem could be caused be the IP.

Cu,
    Sven

That pedal can sometimes be found on ebay. Where are you located? I have a spare pedal that can be used to test if you are close to me.
    Just did a quick ebay search, Item # 280203405721 looks promising.
    Ted
    Last edited by TedReminder; 02-25-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    94 3500 4X4 6.5 F engine, Crewcab
    06 2500 HD 4X4 6.0 gas motor, horse hauler

Thanks chevylover and tedreminder, I saw that APP on ebay and will probably
    bid on it or else buy new from ss diesel. I am in NJ, Thanks for the offer!!!