My 93 K2500 gas has been sitting for a while ( ever since I got the 6.5)
I put the battery in every month and take it around the block a couple of times.
This week I started it and the SES light stayed on and the Trans is in limp mode 2nd gear, and the idle appears to be higher.
Things I have tried:
1) Check codes- the SES stays lit no flashes at all
2) Took to the local garage and the scanner says NO DATA
3) Disconnect battery for 10 minutes to reset ECM
4) Checked VSS and trans connections ( spedo works OK)
5) Checked ECM ground on thermostat housing
What would cause a NO DATA from ECM other than a dead ECM ?
If the ECM is dead wouldn't that cause other problems also?
Any suggestions on what to look for next?