SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay in SCHOOL!!!

Angry Stay in SCHOOL!!!

So tonight I went to one of the local gas stations to fill up with "diesel"
    So the moron starts to fill the truck and as i was sitting there I could really smell gasoline. HMMM What the $%&@ I look and see what is going on,... the retard was filling me with gasoline, then he tried to make me feel like it was my fault. Needless to say he might be looking for a new job now that he had to phone his boss and tell him what he had done again. Yes I said again because as he was talking on the phone to his boss he said " I made another diesel mistake." The truck is now sitting at the GM dealer ship after being towed there. Guess we will see how I make out tomorrow AM.

Bad to hear, but that's why I fill my tank by my own and not through such an idiot !

Cu,
    Sven

Germany ? No thank's ! Anybody here, who offers a job incl. greencard/work permit ? - USA or Canada, it would be a pleasure to immigrate !

1995 Chevrolet K2500 Ext.Cab SB, FSD-Cooler, 3" Rancho Suspension Lift, Rancho Add-A-Leaf, Warp Speed Performance 4" Exhaust, Custom K&N Intake, 285/75/R16 BFG All-Terrain with 8x16 Alcoa's, 4x4 Posi-Lok, Deezee Bullbar, Stepbars, Lunarvisor, Roll-N-Lock Bedcover, Softtopper Bed Extender, Truck Nuts and much more ...

That happened to me in Costa Rica, the gas attendent put about 20 liters of gas in then said "no problem, I'll continue with diesel", I made him drain the tank. He put a hose in, then a rag around a compressed air hose into the filler tube and blew it all out.
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban "F" VIN #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.

just an update the truck is still waiting for the tank to get drained. Talked to the manager and gave him the tow bill of $105. He phoned up to the gm dealership and only gave them the ok to drop the tank and put $5 worth of fuel in the tank. Works out to be about 3 litres of fuel. So I had to call the manager back told him how things are going to work. He is now going to put $20 in now. I'm to the point now that i just want the truck back. Good thing I never had to work today cause the also think the truck might not be done till after the long weekend.(Canada Day)

Boy that sucks. But i got to work this am to find out someone did that just that to a 99 powerjoke. Bigger problem, had driven 3.5 miles, truck started to run like shit and smelled really really hot, i was told by the driver, So they drove the 3.5 miles back home. Not knowing this i fired it up and it sounded like it was gonna blow apart. Never heard an engine so loud in my life. Afetr dropping and flushing tank, and fuel system, and new fuel filter its running correctly again. Only thing now i have a leak from someplace around the back of the fuel filter housing. So that is tomarrows project.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

That's good to know that they will run on gasoline, just make it a 2 stroke mix to lubricate the injector pump. An accepted winterizing fuel is adding 5% gasoline.
    Last edited by grancito; 06-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban "F" VIN #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.

happened to me last summer, guy filled her right full of gas. got a hose and a bunch of containers from the station and sucker her out myself. was back on the road in no time without any problem or cost.
    1994 K2500 4x4, auto, heavy-duty bumper with Superwinch Ox, Instant Heat Glow Plugs, Marine Injectors, 4" straight-pipe exhaust, turbomaster, 3.73 with posi...

think a powerjoke rattles burning diesel, you should hear them startin on gas thought that thing was throwin rods. What a way to clean a fuel system huh.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Default blew an engine this way

back in January '01 got a tank full of gas , took of down the highway about 5 or 6 miles then pulled over . Realized something was wrong (lots of white smoke) .Towed to dealer ,they flushed the tank and whatever else was necessary, they started the engine and it seized less than ten seconds later
    right there in the service bay. Three weeks later I got my truck back.
    My brother in law works at this dealership and told me that when they took my engine apart the connecting rod bearings had been flattened. The gas stations insurance paid this repair (16,000 Canadian dollars, 10,500 alone for the engine).I found out later that the tanker truck driver had filled the underground diesel tanks with gas.

Truck had 40,000 kms on the odometer when this happened

If you pump your own you NEVER have to worry about it. EVER!!!
    96 GMC Sierra 2500 4X4,8600 GVW, "F" engine,4L80-E,14 Bolt Full-floater,3.73 gears, All stock,but NOT for long! NRA RECRUITER! Beretta .40 cal. carried everywhere! If Guns Cause Crime,Mine Are Defective! Ted Nugent