SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stay in SCHOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUM SERVICES View Post
    If you pump your own you NEVER have to worry about it. EVER!!!
    Well, you might not have to worry about it, but you sure have to pay for it if you or your spouse have a mental brainfart.
    1994 GMC ext cab long bed C1500 6.5TD w/ 50 gallon aux fuel tank/tool box; 480LE; 3.42 gears; Engh Motors L65 Power E-PROM and OBDI GMTDScan; 3.5" exhaust (until I fix that); SSDS FSD Heatsink, Intake, Marine Injectors and fan upgrade; Boost, EGT, Trans Temp guages; 84K original miles

I have brain farts all the time BUT my wife NEVER drives our truck and NEVER fuels the truck either. Most of the time I fuel her car for her as I hate the smell of unleaded and we own a Hair Salon and I want her as clean and fresh smelling as possible for HER customers. I am a Landscaper so I always smell like fuel or mulch or just good old fashioned hard earned sweat and she likes it!
    96 GMC Sierra 2500 4X4,8600 GVW, "F" engine,4L80-E,14 Bolt Full-floater,3.73 gears, All stock,but NOT for long! NRA RECRUITER! Beretta .40 cal. carried everywhere! If Guns Cause Crime,Mine Are Defective! Ted Nugent

Some places like New Jersey have laws against pumping your own fuel, or having guns, chewing too loudly, ect. I just watch the people and give them the death look for grabbing the petrol pump. BTW - Jersey blows.

Petrol? Do people in NJ say petrol? I had to call it gasoline after leaving Australia, so people understood me.
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban "F" VIN #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.

My dad did that the first time when he first purchased my truck back in 95. It slipped his mind because my model is a c1500. the mistake never happened again.
    1995 chevy c1500, 6.5LTD 2wd, PMD relocator, SS Diesel Supply 4 inch exhuast, FS2500 Oil Bypass, & S&B Air Intake.

I have put a couple gallons of gas in my diesel before and came close a few other times because it seems that it might be too much trouble for every gas station to use the same color handle for different types of fuel. Black Diesel Green Unleaded or whatever floats there boat just so everyone could use a standard of some sort. I get used to green at one station for diesel go to the next and its black at that that one. Im sure that plays a big role in the fill up mistakes.
    sold 95 Chevy ex cab K2500 6.5 Turbo 5 speed 4 straight pipe, no cat, 3 down tube, FSD heat sync #9 resistor, new glow plugs and controller at 210,000 new IP new injectors at 212,000 miles 19-21 mpg

Yeah, been there done that, almost pumped unleaded once from a green handle. Almost
    1994 GMC ext cab long bed C1500 6.5TD w/ 50 gallon aux fuel tank/tool box; 480LE; 3.42 gears; Engh Motors L65 Power E-PROM and OBDI GMTDScan; 3.5" exhaust (until I fix that); SSDS FSD Heatsink, Intake, Marine Injectors and fan upgrade; Boost, EGT, Trans Temp guages; 84K original miles

My wife gets stopped by guys all the time when she's putting diesel in my Bronco. They can't believe it's got a 6.2!

I read recently that a diesel can run on 30% gas with no noise difference or performance difference. They've lost their minds in my opinion.

Dad built and installed a 6.2 in a guys Suburban a while back. It came back about a month later with a busted crank and all of the wrist pins out of it. He couldn't figure out what happened. After it was fixed the guys wife asked if "putting gas in it" could've caused the problem!!!
    '93 4-door Silverado 1 ton dually 4x4.
    215 Cummins, custom plate, killer dowel pin tabbed
    47rh, billet triple disc converter, billet accumulater, kickdown servo, band strut and anchor
    241DHD, custom drivelines
    The list goes on, and I built and fabbed every last inch of it including the tranny.
    It eats Duramaxes while sipping diesel. Yes, it's very distinguished in that manner.
    17.5mpg

Maybe 30% in a newer computer controlled diesel. But you wont get the power you had, and still think starting would cause some major rattle and possibly blow a head gasekt in a short time.
    One of the bosses sons at work once put a little over a half a tank of gas in an otherwise empty tank on a 99 F 350 joke. (never told us) 3.5 miles later the bosses wifes calls me and says somethings wrong with the truck. She brings it back, truck smells hot and sounds funny. Says it lost all power and suddenly got noisy. I go to work on it the next day when i get to it, try and start it and i thought all hell broke lose. It started, barely, man did it crack and rattle, and when i figured out what happened ( opened fuel tank and smelled gas). Truck still idleing i tried to back it up onto some ramps, truck didint have the power to start backing up the ramps, even when i slowly floared the truck. Pulled tank and drained, flushed fuel lines, new fuel filter Almost 10,000 miles since and no other problems (knock on wood).
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Default ...that's why...

...military calls them multi-fuel...
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}