SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A-team turbo

Default A-team turbo

Have you guys heard of this upgraded turbo for 6.5 turbo diesel. its called a-team turbo i have found vehicels with them but no web site or info on specs or where to buy any help is appericated thanks
    1995 K2500 vin S, Marine Injectors, 3in Down Pipe, 4in Exhaust, High flow crossover pipe, no cat, #9 resistor, FSD cooler, Cold air intake, Reameed intake, homemade boost controler, boost and egt gauges, 285/75R16 dakota mt 191,xxx miles

Default ...send yer...

...turbo to WACO,TEXAS for rebuild...turbo shop has been there for over 25yrs....same corner...I'd post the name but garth would scold me{majestic turbos}sorry garth...oh yeah thanx for pics of linkage...they build a nice 6.5 turbo....
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

I dont have any experience with that particular turbo,but have read that they are good.A lot of the aftermarket turbos are re labled with a brand name of their own(not saying this one is) but the pics of the a team looks like a schwitzer in design(bad spelling i am sure) which have been in business for a very long time.I guess the a team flows more CFM at lower boost levels.I have yet to figure that one out,and will never start talking turbo theory on here again.Any idea on price?
    still driving stuff with an 8 track,not switching to those newfangled cassettes thingys...... I cant find anything since I moved all my junk

johnodiesel, PM sent....
    1994 Silverado 3500, 4X4,("F" Engine code) 8' minute mount,160 amp alternator, modified SS Diesel intake with S&B filter, American Racing Diamondbacks,265/75/16/E General Grabber AT2's,Turbomaster, Delphi Lift Pump, 60G glow Plugs, Manual Glow Plug Override,D-tech PMD mounted in bumper, Stanadyne performance formula additive (19 MPG Highway) 172,500 K miles so far....

I understand your turbo therory ( from other post) and if i had a tach in my truck could easily prove it to any doubters. To change cfm output of the turbo, wouldnt ya just change impeller angle/pitch, and or housing design? I pulled apart my stock gm 3, and comapred to a newer turbo i got (think its from an aftermarket company [wont post name ], thats what im told didnt get original packaging, but it was like new when i got. Way beter mechanical condition that what i had) No id tag. But the inlet to the turbine housing is a bit different design, and the impeller appers to be a bit different but i never tore the turbine housing off. But i do know that this new turbo makes way more boost than my old one.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Default ...bigger diameter...

...impeller and impeller hsg. means MORE air flow at same turbine speed...
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

Forced induction,gotta love it.I know why the little Volvo I have can run like a big engine (2.3 litre) when you are on it,yet still get 30 mpg driving normal.
    still driving stuff with an 8 track,not switching to those newfangled cassettes thingys...... I cant find anything since I moved all my junk

For anyone wondering about getting the A team turbo, it is amazing. I have had it on my truck for about 2 months now and it is not even the same truck, it has so much more power, it is smoother, and lower EGT's. I can't say enough good about it or the guy who is building them.
    1994 GMC 3500 crew cab long box--80hp chip, 4" exhuast, intake, marine injectors, FSD PMD, 97 cooling upgrade(dual thermostats and housing, upgraded waterpump, DMax fan, SD fan clutch) & triple gauge set. 25 gallon aux fuel tank, TCC loc mod, high idle mod, rear shell, 33" BFG all terrains, 3" lift, ATT turbo, HO injectors, Devils Own EGT WMI injection!!!

i've been doing research also. the A-Team turbo is based off of the greddy TD07 turbo. i have been looking into both, or an hx35 or hx40 with a tubomaster set to 16psi. but i also have even looked at the non WG hx35's and hx30's as an option as well.
    "Old Yeller" 1993 Chevrolet k2500 4x4 SCLB, 6.5TD w/ 269,XXX miles. 3"DP, 3" straightpipe, "swiss cheese" aribox, wastegate wired so it only opens 1/2 way. Custom built flatbed, 1 ton rear axle, NV4500 transmission. Lots of future plans money is too tight right now.

Majestic is a knowledgeable shop. I have talked with them regarding the GM-X series (and others over the years) and they have tried to modify them, but haven't had good results with mods at all on them. They did state to me that they (GM series) are well engineered units and quite efficient.
    There were also some customer reviews I had read on the ATT, but didn't find some of them to be overly supportive, but mostly positive; but each truck is different, and the demands drivers may be placing on them different as well. Best to research and see if any users of them are using their trucks in the same way as you do, and if their results sound like they would benefit you.
    No nation should owe a debt any greater than that which is owed to its veterans! Thank You Veterans!