SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting OEM Cruise control on my 94 C2500 Cheyenne

Default Really?

I know I'm about three years behind on this. Am I understanding that if I order a T/S lever w/ cruise and plug in, then I have cruise? This would be awesome.
    1995 2500 suburban with turbo 6.5. 105,000 miles. Relocated PMD, oil cooler and stainless steel lines, 5" diamond eye exhaust. Turbo master. duramax high output water pump and fan. ARP head studs. 265/70/17 on H2 rims.#9 resistor.SS Diesel Cold Air Intake.

Yes, as long as the dash harness plug has pins in the appropriate position for the cruise option (signals to the ECM) from the column combination switch, you can plug and play. If the pins are not present, then the ECM is not set up for cruise, and you will have to change the PROM or the ECM (96+) to a cruise equipped model and add wiring as needed to interface.

Question

I want to add cruise to my 94 GMC 6.5 2500 4x4 with a 5 speed but I can't find where to plug the wires from the cruise control switch in.

I have looked online at a lot of info but no one has any good info or pictures of where it plugs in. Most say just plug and play and install fuse and make sure no code 41 in the computer and it should work. But like I said where and what does the connector look like to plug the switch into?

Tom

Everything from the steering column turn/wash/wipe/cruise combination switch should be in a harness that goes to the connector that plugs in near the bottom of the steering column to the dash harness, which then breaks out and plugs into the back of the PCM/ECM. If you have a GM Service Manual it makes life so much easier, as the pin locations, wire colors and harness connector locations are all in there.