SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must say

Default I must say

Hello all MMR here I just have too say I am loving my 6.5 more every day. I get the pleasure to work on the big 3 every day, well today i got a fleet of ford power joke dump trucks with the 6.0L and i get to install hydro salters. Well chevy takes 4hrs to install, dodge 5-6hrs, ford....get this......20-25hrs. Now dont get me wrong i make a lot of money working on them but they are the worst design i ever saw in my life I dont see how ford tecs make any money when they have to work on the 6.0. In the time frame it takes to install the hydro pump on the eng. i rebuilt my 6.5 and put it in my truck!!! sorry ford fans but you could not give me one of those trucks. Sorry for talkin you guys ear off but just got home and had to vent, My wife just dont understand.... 6.5 for life...........MMR
    99 K2500 Suburban new 6.2 bott. end 18-1 pistons ceramic coated, blue printed and balanced. studded and stiffened bott. end brand new ssd 6.5 heads,miser inj. pmd&#9 resistor. Kids call her "Big Red" Wife and I call her "Money Pitt" but i wouldent trade her for the world.

yep,Ford engine brackets look like the could fit the space shuttle somewhere.......
    still driving stuff with an 8 track,not switching to those newfangled cassettes thingys...... I cant find anything since I moved all my junk

Default ...wait...

...till you get to replace an egr cooler on that 6.0...or better yet wait till you get to replace an injector...
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

They did a cooler at Dad's shop. The only reason he did it was because he had a friend of his lined up for it. Otherwise, they don't even touch 6.0L at his shop. They got so much crap on them, you actually have to LOOK for the engine!! Two alternators??
    '93 4-door Silverado 1 ton dually 4x4.
    215 Cummins, custom plate, killer dowel pin tabbed
    47rh, billet triple disc converter, billet accumulater, kickdown servo, band strut and anchor
    241DHD, custom drivelines
    The list goes on, and I built and fabbed every last inch of it including the tranny.
    It eats Duramaxes while sipping diesel. Yes, it's very distinguished in that manner.
    17.5mpg

haha, I call'em Jokes for a good reason.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Fords 6.0L was there worst design. They should have stuck with the 7.3L. I wish the 6.5L could have been reworked to a more powerful motor. Instead of using the duramx. Dont get me wrong the duramax does its thing compared to cummins and strokes. I would love if the 6.5L came with about 310hp and 600+tq. Thats all I need then u know the aftermarket would have taken it further.
    1995 chevy c1500, 6.5LTD 2wd, PMD relocator, SS Diesel Supply 4 inch exhuast, FS2500 Oil Bypass, & S&B Air Intake.

What the 6.5L could really use is a pump that actually can deliver a ton of fuel. Like a P-7100. Then you could get some power and self-destruction out of it. But at least you don't have that pesky 400hp ceiling.
    47rh, billet triple disc converter, billet accumulater, kickdown servo, band strut and anchor
    The list goes on, and I built and fabbed every last inch of it including the tranny.
    It eats Duramaxes while sipping diesel. Yes, it's very distinguished in that manner.
    17.5mpg

As much as i hate to say it, id rather all the blame be on ford, Navistar International has always made the 6.9, 7.3 (all versions) 6.0 and 6.4. Navistar sued ford cause ford has designed this new 6.7(?) for the 2011 fords and wont honor the engine contract ford had with navistar to supply there engines. The 7.3 in the 99 and up trucks was the best of navistars engines to be put in a pickup. Unfortuantly the d@mn govt gets there nose into stuff and changed emmisions standards. Good bye 7.3.
    4x4 Posi Lock
    '98 HO waterpump.

As far as a bigger pump and more fuel bein injected into a 6.5, i'm thinkin thats limited because of the idirect injection and the precombustion chambers in the cylinder heads. Otherwise, id be all for it.
    4x4 Posi Lock
    '98 HO waterpump.

Quote Originally Posted by JD_countryboy View Post
    As much as i hate to say it, id rather all the blame be on ford, Navistar International has always made the 6.9, 7.3 (all versions) 6.0 and 6.4. Navistar sued ford cause ford has designed this new 6.7(?) for the 2011 fords and wont honor the engine contract ford had with navistar to supply there engines. The 7.3 in the 99 and up trucks was the best of navistars engines to be put in a pickup. Unfortuantly the d@mn govt gets there nose into stuff and changed emmisions standards. Good bye 7.3.
    Is that what's going on? I thought Ford was suing Navistar because star wouldn't help Ford honor 6.0 warranties. And Ford had to design a completely new engine because of nitrogen emissions or something.(urea injection stuff) And you are damned right about the gov't. They've more or less ruined diesels. Mekas me so mad I cna't eevn tpye srtiahgt!!! See!!!
    17.5mpg