SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I must say

I havent heard of the warranty problems between the two. I know i have heard, and read articles on star suein ford for terminatin contract as engine supplier.
    As far as the scr (urea injection) Thats just a way to make it easyier for any company to meet the new emissions. Tougher emmisions killed the 7.3, killed the fuel economy of all trucks. Burning fuel in your tailpipe only benefits the govt and big oil. Navistar international came out with a "MaxxForce" series engines. THey meet the toughest emsissions standards with out scr. I think they are the only company to meet the emmsions standards without the use of scr. So they are pissed and suein someone cause they didnt use scr and everyone else did. Lots less $$ invested in adding scr as oppesed to redesignin a whole new engine system.
    BTW my boss drives school bus for local school, brand new bus with maxxforce engine, completely junk at just over 9,000 miles. Completely junked the internals for some reason. So now he just got the bus back from a complete inframe overhaul.
    I was chattin with local truck shop, does all our big repairs on the semis. Tellin me that a local short haul medical supply co bought some new trucks. 1 IH with maxxforce and another IH with a different engine ( forget which engine though) Both are rated at the same HP, same trannys, rear ends and such. The maxxforce equipt IH will not keep up or pull as good as the other truck. Oh yea, and the fuel economy is a bit worse.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Default ...last time...

...I looked power strokes still had glo-plugs...
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

yes they do. dont know about the upcommin 6.7 though.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.