SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Hello from Stumped

Default Hello from Stumped

Been running the roads(with a pillow for extra padding) getting more trucks and generators from Uncle Sam. Just sayin howdy....
    still driving stuff with an 8 track,not switching to those newfangled cassettes thingys...... I cant find anything since I moved all my junk

Default Howdy

Is that a standard issue pillow? Better the surplus go to you than foreign buyers.
    Mike
    1994 K2500 Suburban 316,000 mi., F VIN, 4L80E, 3.73 w/posi., 3" turbo back, no cat, FSD Heat Sync, #9 resistor, SSD heads, SSD intake, fuel miser injectors, Bastard IP (5068), 4x4 posi, Cooling upgrade w/duel 180 t-stats and d-max fan

They shoulda gave you a pillow as your frequent buyer gift. Glad to see someones gettin some good outta armerican stuff, and not sendin it to those unmentionables. Have fun and have some more safe trips.
    93 chevy K2500 6.5TD 4x4 4l80e auto
    Custom flatbed with foldaway gooseneck ball
    SSDiesel DB2 injector pump marine injectors
    Upgraded turbo ( no id tag but lots of boost)
    SSDiesel 4" exhaust, no muffler, SS crossover
    Rebuilt 4l80e tranny Transgo stage 2 shift kit
    rebuilt HD torque converter
    4x4 Posi Lock
    Opened up air box, stock filter
    Boost, Pyro, Tranny gauges in A-pillar
    Cowl hood, all new paint.
    SS Diesel Cooling upgrade, single tstat Dmax fan,
    '98 HO waterpump.

Ohh, nuther thought........ ( scarey thought huh) Any of those gen sets have a 19l kta cummins? Think you could finess one of those under the hood of 6x6? THAT would make for an awsome Super Semi pullin truck. Wonder if a 6x6 would fall into that ostpa class????
    4x4 Posi Lock
    '98 HO waterpump.

Well,military seats must be designed to drive your spine up thru the back of your skull.We got everything home without drama.We got some mil trailers,gennys and a couple dueces home.JD,yep,theres a few of them KT's floating around here and there.Most of the truck pullers we travelled with went to the semi's with a KT sayin its way cheaper than keeping an alky/blown setup running.Plus it aint gettin no cheaper to travel and eat out on the road either.The owner of Outrageous lives near you(no 1 in OSTPA for a couple of years) went to the semi/kt setup.
    still driving stuff with an 8 track,not switching to those newfangled cassettes thingys...... I cant find anything since I moved all my junk

Yup. i know. Mike Laribee, Shameless ( 70 somethin Chevy) and Super Joe Metzger , Brockasaurus (79? Brockaway) Both are runnin 19l KT with 5" turbos. Both run awsome. Laribee has been on top the Pro stock semi class the last few years. Metzger spun a bottom end bearing down in Wooster, and still won. Laraibee blew the stack of his truck well after the full pull mark, and after he was past Metzgers mark, got a DQ for the performance tho. He was leadin the points at that time. Just looked, Laribee 1st, Metzger 2nd in OSTPA points for 09. And yes, both of them arent far from me either. I was told by some friends that a few years ago When Laribee was runnin Shameless in the SMFWD class, he would bring it in to the Pioneer tech center in shelby to work on it and show it off. I wasn't in that schools district so i never got that close. Did meet Mike and he seemed pretty nice though. (think i heard gears spinnin in his head when he was thinkin)

Yea, the alky blown setup is kinda tricky. Guys i usually hang with got three bbc on tactor. Usta be pretty good, ( early 90's (93?) was invited to louisville for the Syngenta National pull in freedom hall.(AMAZING PULL) Scatterd an enigne in the finals. But they said the track side seats were awsome. Had some rough luck this year though.

Have seen quite a few newer rigs and commonly enough they are all runnin 19l kts, but they just aint quite got the handel on them like Mike, and Joe. If it wasn't for the $ aspect id probly build a pro stock semi. ( i want one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad) and the 19l seems to be the way to go. As it seems, Cummins is to diesel sports, as Chevys are to the gas sports. (cheap, powerful and plentiful)

Speakin of newer rigs, what ever happened to the two Prohibbited Motorsprts rigs? Both had CATs in em, but i aint seen em in quite some time. But i think they both were Super Stock Trucks.
    Last edited by JD_countryboy; 12-13-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    4x4 Posi Lock
    '98 HO waterpump.

Our family worked for Pioneer Pipe.The owner went #1 in the Grand Nats with his tractor sev years.We travelled a little with him,but eventually bought the old Double Trouble 8200# truck.We pulled it for 2 seasons and went thru it with a new frame ,diffs and engine.We pulled it as Pipedreams(father is a pipefitter) for several seasons.Then OSTPA and other sanctioning bodies started falling apart as an org.When that happened .they allowed a 500 cube motor rule to come into play.It got to be too much$$,travel and time(and my mom had grandkids she wanted to spend time with) Mike was with us everwhere we pulled along with his fathers truck also.Hes an allright fellow for sure.I always gave him a hard time about the wires to the rev box were always unplugged.We also pulled with Storyteller(Ford) and see them often although they retired also.

rev limiter? whats that for? I know his trucks were always pretty tough, now we kow he had a couple extra revs helpin out.

Yea, OSTPA and such are still fueding. Well, maybe its lucas oil and cenpeco? I didnt gather all the info but i do know for the first time most anyone can remember there was a pull going on in pennsylvania same time as bowling green. But i guess youll have fueds with anything. THe small guy wants to keep the same, the money hungry got $$$ comming out their wazoo wanna go bigger so the little guys cant keep up.

Those truck names sound familiar. I was completely outta the loop for a few years cause of work and school. But im slowly tryin to blend back in. Always seem to meet some interesting people in the pits. Who needs seats? Readin the track and such are gettin pretty easy again. Thats one thing Laribee seems to master cause he always seems to runa different line, and takes it out the end. Oh yea, that red glow brimmin out the stack seems to help too. Not everyone can hold it like his truck.

Ever watch the pull in freedom hall? That is the highlight of my winter. Ya know springs a commin when the tractors come out and head for the sandbox. Amazing show. And some pretty good announcer/commentators to boot.
    4x4 Posi Lock
    '98 HO waterpump.