SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Turbo just drops

Default Turbo just drops

i can press my fuel pedal and black smoke will come out then it clears out and the turbo whistles for 5 seconds then all of a sudden it just drops no power and all black smoke let off the pedal do it again and again and the same results each time so i checked the vacuum at the pump and 26 psi at idle and 20 psi at the turbo just put on a new vacuum pump so what is happening here?
    2000 4 door 4x4 dually 6.5 TD with 401523 miles, fsd heat sync, air induction kit, new miser injectors

you check your air filter? I replaced mine 7 months ago and a couple weeks ago it would build 5-6 psi when you get on the throttle then it would fall on its face...took the air filter out and it was packed with sand...just a thought...
    1995 K2500 HD (F) vin - 201000 miles, 4.10 diff, turbomaster "fresh rebuilt" motor, Marine injectors, #9 resistor, straight piped, stacks, custom paint, 4" lift, 35's

Default ...and you...

...perform this operation sitting still? or going down the road?...sitting still--black smoke till turbo spools{turbo lag}short boost then black smoke after wastegate opens near top of rpm range...with engine OFF! check operation of wastegate control{move the little rod up and down or back and forth depending on turbo}should move pretty easy...now start engine and check rod movement again. should be very stiff if you can move it at all...IF you can move the rod engine running as easy as engine off then you have a control diaphragm problem...jd
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

found the problem guys i have walts air induction system on and my rubber elbow that the filter is on broke in half, i couldn't believe it i never seen a rubber elbow that thick brake before called ss diesel and got another one over nited and problem solved, thanks for the advice guys.
    2000 4 door 4x4 dually 6.5 TD with 401523 miles, fsd heat sync, air induction kit, new miser injectors