SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Headlight wiring

Default Headlight wiring

Anyone know what the oranage, and the brown wire go to that comes out of the back of the headlight switch. I lost my dash lights and running lights the other night and found the ornage and the brown wire burnt behind the dash. Replaced the 2 month old headlight switch to no avail. If i jump the harness the dash lights and running lights still come on, but with the switch plugged in I get nothing but headlights...
    1995 K2500 HD (F) vin - 201000 miles, 4.10 diff, turbomaster "fresh rebuilt" motor, Marine injectors, #9 resistor, straight piped, stacks, custom paint, 4" lift, 35's

Default ...headlite and ...

...dash controls seperate switches...dash lites run thru panel dimmer...jd
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

anyway to figure out what the orange and brown wires run to? The orange shows voltage, but the brown shows neither 12volts or ground. The coating on both of them were melted... So if anyone knows what the wires run to that would be great With out ripping the whole dash apart and tearing into the loom to try to trace it...Like i said I can jump every wire on the plug-in and everything works...plug the brand new switch and all i get is headlights
    1995 K2500 HD (F) vin - 201000 miles, 4.10 diff, turbomaster "fresh rebuilt" motor, Marine injectors, #9 resistor, straight piped, stacks, custom paint, 4" lift, 35's

fixed the problem...re wired it and all seems to be well. orange wire was hot at all times, ran a new wire from fuse box to switch. The brown wire tied into 5 other wires for parking lights, re wired from switch to 5 wire connection and all has been well...