SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: 3" Exhaust?

Default 3" Exhaust?

I read on another forum that to an extent a bigger exhaust can help but if you go too big then it can hurt power, mileage, etc. I installed a 4" exhaust on my 96 6.5 and it didn't help anything. My mileage actually went down a little. I am just wondering if i go 3" to the muffler if that might help. My truck has 127,000 miles on it with stock injectors so I will be purchasing new injectors soon also.
    1996 GMC C2500HD 6.5 Turbo Diesel Vin "F"
    4" Exhaust and "customized" SSD Air Intake
    Bumper mount Pensacola Diesel PMD with #9 Resistor
    Diamond Plate John Deere Mud Flaps
    LED Smoked Clearance/Marker Lights
    124,000 miles and NO TRUCK PAYMENT

Default ...your milage...

...dropped cause you're gassing it harder to hear that pretty turbo whistle...free flowing intake larger exhaust allow turbo to spool up sooner in power band soooo fuel comes on sooner and longer...you can have a good economical rig OR a "hot rod" but you can't have both...
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

There ain't no "hot rodding" it here. Everybody says that.
    1996 GMC C2500HD 6.5 Turbo Diesel Vin "F"
    4" Exhaust and "customized" SSD Air Intake
    Bumper mount Pensacola Diesel PMD with #9 Resistor
    Diamond Plate John Deere Mud Flaps
    LED Smoked Clearance/Marker Lights
    124,000 miles and NO TRUCK PAYMENT

Default ...sorry,my...

...hotrod comment was'nt ment to distract you from what I ment..that when turbo spools up lower in the rpm range the full fuel comes on sooner and stays on longer...I can get 13-14mpg in beast since new engine however,on my rig the difference between that milage and my normal 11mpg is going 70 instead of 60-65 cause the power level now lets me...with the old engine AND ss intake filter system I went from steady 10mpg to 11mpg cause it was easier to get off the line with my heavy load if you ease off but, if I poked to jump off quick and get to roadspeed quick it would drop to 9mpg...jd
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}