SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Duramax intercooler

Default Duramax intercooler

I have a 93 K3500 Crew Cab. I got a screamin Deal on a Banks intercooler for my duramax so i was thinkin of rigging up the stock one on my 6.5 has anybody done this or have any ideas or pics, tips comments etc or is it even worth my time

let me know how it works out, i was thinking of doing it myself

I got a stock intercooler off an 04 Duramax dirt cheap from Ebay, been thinking of how to do it on my '98 K2500 'Burb. May possibly have to fabricate some extensions for the bumper mount brackets and brush guard, and use some stand-off spacers to move the grille forward about 2", plus fab up some mounting brackets/tabs for the intercooler. Sounds like a winter design project for implementation next spring.

I do seem to recall a thread from someone that did do it about three, four years ago.

Default unless you

change out the turbo on that 93 an aftercooler is a waste of money. turbo only puts out 8-10psi.spring loaded wastegate,now if you put on a spring lock or wire it shut you can get @15-18psi still not a lot. at 200hp that 93 is probably as good as its going to get. beast is a 200hp 93 weighs in at 11500lbs all the time and it gets up and down the road preety good..jd
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}