SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 93 s10 no start

Default 93 s10 no start

hi guys,

im working on a 93 chevy s10 2.8L v6 with a 5 spd standard 2 wheel drive.

the motor turns over but doesn't fire up. there's a new ignition coil and ignition control modual in it. but there is no spark or fuel from the injectors. i can hear the fuel pump running when the key turns and there is power at the computer. i have also tested the continuity to make sure the signal wires that go to the computer aren't broken.

im lost as to what it is, im thinking maybe the engine control computer is fried maybe? is there a way to test it?

thanks again for the help guys

Check the pick up coil in the distributor if equipped.

Tested the pick up coil and it was fine

Thanks for the help guys

I ran into a strange problem recently on a coil pack equipped car.

I had no spark and went through everything normal just like you did,the end result was a shorted injector that had fried the ECM and the module(the crank sensor mount was broken and the crank sensor was taken out also but that was fatigue).

Try disconnecting 1 injector at a time and check for spark,might be relevant?

Drop a mechanically injected 6.5TD into it. Problem solved!

Ill try testing the injectors like you said and see what happens, I also have a new ecu on order to plug In and see what happens.

I like the way you think husker 6.5, I was thinking the same thing lol

Thanks again for all the help guys

I tryed replacing the computer and testing the injectors for shorts in the circuit but I got nothing still. Turns over but no fuel or spark

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help

Unhook 1 injector and check for spark,then re-connect it and unplug the other and check again.

Have you checked for power at the + side of the coil?

Default check ALL fuel pump

circuits...fuel and spark tied togather-no fuel = no spark...cause you think it's running{fuel pump}doesn't mean you have pressure for sensor to pcm/ecm...no signal = no spark...also check voltage...10volts will turn engine over but won't turn on ecm/pcm...battery can check -ok- but if you loose voltage thru cables or corrosion AND volts drop below 10v while cranking pcm/ecm won't "turn on" and no start...
    Last edited by trukdoc; 12-24-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    ..93 3500HD 200h 4L80E 4.88..11150lbs allatime..88 c.c. dually..6.2..auto w/doug nash 2-sp..camo paint...58 A120 4by IH{old vfd brush trk} 71ford p/u 79 shovel {{{ hooorraaayyy the bus is gone}}} 93 2500 parts truk {gone to that great chrusher in the sky 01 burban{wifes'.."no you can't use mine"}

Quote Originally Posted by trukdoc View Post
    circuits...fuel and spark tied togather-no fuel = no spark...cause you think it's running{fuel pump}doesn't mean you have pressure for sensor to pcm/ecm...no signal = no spark...also check voltage...10volts will turn engine over but won't turn on ecm/pcm...battery can check -ok- but if you loose voltage thru cables or corrosion AND volts drop below 10v while cranking pcm/ecm won't "turn on" and no start...
    Where would the fuel pressure sensor be on a 93 tbi?