SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: marine or fuel miser injectors?

Arrow marine or fuel miser injectors?

i have the stock ones still and was wondering which ones would be better the marine +40 horse or the fuel misers?
    Kevin K. Nor-Cal Redneck
    '98 Chevy K3500 Dually Cowboy Cadilliac,VIN "F" L65 6.5TD, , 2" body lift, FSD Heat Sync, FLIGHT SYSTEMS upgraded D-TECH PMD,#9 pmd resistor, 6' extension harness, home-made redneck intake,3" stright stainles exaust with faux cat, upgraded and rebuilt 4l80eod,4.11 posi, 13-15 mpg at 55-60mph. Other goodies, Cobra 25-LX Cb radio with 8 foot whip, Rawson-Koenig Steel Tool box.

Stock bosch nozzle rebuilds would be best.

Lightbulb

I have the marine injectors from SSDIESELSUPPLY and love them... of course almost all of my parts come from ssdieselsupply but i do my own research as well before purchase.

There is no reason why the marine injectors won't work.

They have a higher pop pressure setting than stock and can deliver more fuel when paired with the marine mechanical IP,when paired with a stock truck engine IP there are of NO benefit other than being new.

Have the stock injectors rebuilt with bosch,delphi or stanadyne nozzles and get the pop pressure set to the turbo pressure settings and you will have all the available performance you can ever expect to get.

In other words, what Racer is trying to say is that unless you increase your fueling to take advantage of the increased flow capability of the marine injectors (either by turning up your mechanical IP or by a new tune on your electronic IP) you won't see much in the way (maybe a few HP) of a power increase. The higher pop pressure of the marine injectors will do two things however. The injection will occur at later timing which will promote a hotter, more efficient burn and the higher pop pressure will produce a finer mist that will also promote a more efficient burn. Add more fuel and turn up your boost and you will see the maximum power benefits of the marine injectors, but at the cost of right footitis killing your fuel economy as you take advantage of the power. I'm not sure what the fuel miser injectors are combination-wise, Walt's never told me, but I'm assuming either standard nozzles with higher pop pressure, or the injectors from the delivery fleet-spec 6.5TD's that were rated at 160 HP and were designed for fuel economy in the P-30 based step vans for USPS, etc.