SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Duel fuel tanks! What or how do the work?

Default Duel fuel tanks! What or how do the work?

I own a K-3500 ambulance and it has duel tanks with two lift pumps. This week I had a running problem and thought maybe the transfer from the rear tank wasn't working. Thus maybe I ran out of fuel and the back tank was full. This was not the case and it turned out to be a harness problem on the pmd. I couldn't figure out how the transfer from rear tank to front works. Ihad the front lift pump working by turning the key on but the back one running the rear tank didn't come on. What controls the rear pump transfer? Confused!!!!! Sorry but it is a question I cant find the answer too.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

This is something I wanted to know about but also wanted to see if anyone was monitering this web site. Used to be there was a lot of interesting topics and I learned a lot about PMD problems as well as a lot of tecnical topics. Where did everyone go?? I still check the site almost every day for new items but the site doesn't generate the issues as often as before.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

Quote Originally Posted by quvia1 View Post
    This is something I wanted to know about but also wanted to see if anyone was monitering this web site. Used to be there was a lot of interesting topics and I learned a lot about PMD problems as well as a lot of tecnical topics. Where did everyone go?? I still check the site almost every day for new items but the site doesn't generate the issues as often as before.
    The site is very quiet, perhaps no one is having problems. I don't know your system, only the dual tank one with a switch to change them. Try a google search.
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban "F" VIN #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.

Thanks. I will do the search.

I have a 99 suburban and I was wondering if anyone knew if a truck tank or newer suburban tank would fit next to the frame rail in order to achieve a dual tank setup? Also what would be the best way in your opinion to set up the system.