SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: wrong heads

Default wrong heads

Hey all

Had to replace the heads on my truck, took the old ones in to get tested and they were cracked. Told the guys to order new heads, we put them on his weekend only to find the intake wouldn't bolt up. The new heads have angled holes were the old ones are straight, I'm going to call the shop were I bought them from and see if they will do anything about (I Hope so) From what I could find out the new heads are for a center mount turbo. Now if the shop tells me that i'm sol because we installed them already, is there away to make them work? I thought about reaming the holes on the intake but I think that will remove too much metal also the bolt heads wouldn't be sitting flat on the intake.

Has anyone out there made it work?

Thanks

Ron
    1998 GMC Sierra 2500K
    5 speed tranny
    6.5l Diesel

Why would you want to try to make it work. They ordered the wrong heads and should replace them.,Simple as that.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

Like I said, I wasn't sure if they were going to take them back as they were installed already. I was just looking for a back up plan is all. long story short they are going to take them back
    1998 GMC Sierra 2500K
    5 speed tranny
    6.5l Diesel

I did the heads on my truck years ago. Bought them from Walt. Slapped them on haven't had a problem since.
    Mike
    1994 K2500 Suburban 316,000 mi., F VIN, 4L80E, 3.73 w/posi., 3" turbo back, no cat, FSD Heat Sync, #9 resistor, SSD heads, SSD intake, fuel miser injectors, Bastard IP (5068), 4x4 posi, Cooling upgrade w/duel 180 t-stats and d-max fan