SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: How to replace the optical sensor [VIDEO]

Default How to replace the optical sensor [VIDEO]

https://youtu.be/RokBPqLabTU

Its been a while since ive been on the forum, but i just had to replace the optical sensor in my 99 suburban.
    I searched on youtube but couldn't find a video of the process, so i decided i should make one!

Hopefully, this will help someone else!
    Jon c.

95 GMC k2500 ex cab long box, FSD Heat-Sync,6 new ops switches, lift pump, lift pump relay, Homemade boost controller, Removed Vac Pump, Cooling upgrade, 4" lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, Air induction kit, 3" downpipe, 3 1/2" straight pipe, SSD Instant Heat Glow plugs, SSD Marine Injectors, Nitto Terra Grappler 305/70 R16. 280,000 miles. All Running on B100

99 Chev Suburban, 2500, PMD heat sync and remote mounting, 4x4, all else stock. 140,000 mliles.

i was having similar issues to a recently purchased 96 c1500..turns out it was the stupid noise filter that was bad...NOT the optical sensor!!! btw, i watched your video a few days ago..thanks!

It is possible, but I never recommend doing it. There is no way to calibrate and it has a 1 in a million chance of working. They need to be calibrated on a pump dyno off of the truck. It may cause more problems than it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyl View Post
    It is possible, but I never recommend doing it. There is no way to calibrate and it has a 1 in a million chance of working. They need to be calibrated on a pump dyno off of the truck. It may cause more problems than it is worth.
    guess i hit that one in a million chance as i changed the opti sensor and it ran the same *shrug*