SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: Fuel delivery problem

Default Fuel delivery problem

I own a 97 ambulance which I converted into a camper. Drove it camping last week and after filling I put 14 gallons in the rear tank and 1 gallon in the front tank. Seemed wierd to me and after running a few hundred miles I filled it again. Same problem. 14 rear and one in front tank. It seems that nothing is coming out of the front tank. The lift pump is working fine as is the relay.Checking google the two tank system is supposed to take the fuel out of the front tank first and when it shows a 1/4 tank the rear tank takes over. Not sure how this all works but has anyone had this problem and how does one check out the componets. Thanks. Not sure how the fuel guage even operates. Strange system.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

OK. After a lot of checking around I found a scamatic on the system and found out the back tank fills the front when the front tank is 25% lower than the back tank. Then the balance control module turns on the pump from the back tank to fill the front, and so on. When the back tank is empty the system wont allow the fuel from the front tank to equalize and turns off the back pump. Confusing but I think after testing my front tank sending unit might be giving the balance module a bad reading. It doesn't seem that when the back tank is empty that all will stop. The front tank will just take over. Hope this helps someone else with this problem.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.