SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com

Thread: oil line replace

Default oil line replace

April 2017. Fishon211 posted he installed the kit from Leroy diesel. Has anyone else had good luck with these and is the install as difficult as Fishon211 states. Mine looks easy to get at the old lines on the engine above the oil filter. Mine is also a 4 wheel drive. Thanks
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

Its bad when I have to reply to my own thread but I went ahead and ordered the kit. I will let people know how it went. I enjoy this forum but this is the second post I wrote without a reply.
    I have a 1997 horton 4X4 ambulance converted into a motor home. New hot glow plugs, remote PMD and cooler and air induction kit. New duramax fan and 180 degree thermostates. I also own two 99 suburbans.

The problem is, not many of the members are active. I looked at the oil lines in the suburban, and wondered if they should be replaced, it doesn't look easy, and there is no engine in it. One occasion I unscrewed the fittings from the engine, slow job, this time I managed to hook the spring clips out with a 1mm MIG wire, but the oil filter and cross over pipe were removed. Good luck, warn the neighbors about potential yelling
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, 3.73 diff, 16 mpg
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, since 1992.

Thanks. I will warn the people. I will be changing hopefully friday and let everyone know. This forum used to be really active and I learned a lot from everyones threads. Hope it picks up again. This is a really help full site.

This is an update on the install. It went great until I went to put the fittings on the block. I got the wrong size for my year and Leroy sent me the right size. Turns out I have a 97 and being a changeover year mine had 3/8 fittings on the cooler and 1/2 inch on the block. Leroy was very helpfull. I had a filter adapter for the 4 wheel drive and got new gaskets for this. After about 2 hours I started it up and to my surprise the two hose connections on the block leaked. Tomorrow I will take it apart again and try torking them down. I didnt take the drive shaft off and I think I will this time to have a little more room. The only complaint is the hose is awfull tight to the filter an I am afraid it will rub on the housing. I will see if there is a fix to this tomorrow.

Took the drive shaft off and it gave me just enough room. Nice system.No more leaks

Good to hear success. Also interesting to know that the later engine is OK to have the 3/8 cooler lines. I'm installing a new block with the high capacity oil pump and 1/2" to 3/8" adapters to connect the cooler lines. The adapters came from the hardware store.
    Grant H.
    1995 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 extra cab 4x4 pickup, PMD under bumper, mechanical wastegate, 228,000 miles, rebuilt engine, 4.10 diff, 16 mpg
    1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 4x4 suburban #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, mechanical waste gate, 226,000 miles, 3.73 diff, 16 mpg
    1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, since 1992.

On my project truck I installed 1/2" steel braided lines for mine. I used the original fittings on the oil cooler then got compression type AN fittings, made up my hose and screwed in 1/2" 90* AN fittings into the block. Only had to remove oil filter to access block fittings and grill to access oil cooler.
    1994 C3500, vin "F". 189,000 miles, rebuilt 2004 AM General, marine injectors, feed the beast fuel line mod, 4" exhaust, upgraded crossover and downpipe, HO water pump, bumper mounted PMD, AT Turbo, KOJO tune, remote fuel filter, OPS bypass for lift pump, custom air box