Last winter, ( the one before this sucky one) I burned the reverse out of my 3500 snow plow truck. I pulled the transmission and took it to a trans shop I had done business with before. By the time they rebuilt it and I got it back in the truck I don't think I ever ended up plowing with it. I used the truck once over the summer to haul gravel. This winter, after plowing twice I notice a chatter in reverse if I really accelerated hard. The truck weights a little over 10,000 lbs with plow on. I took the truck back to the trans shop, and he said "yup the band isn't holding the drum for some reason. If I take it back out and return it, he'll put a new band in it."
Well, here's what I think. I say whatever caused it to burn up last year is still bad today. According to my reading, there's two reasons for slippage like that in reverse.
1) Internal leakage in valve body that will cause low pressure in the reverse circuit, and can be checked at the test port.
2) A bent or short actuation pin below the reverse band servo, which is the more likely culprit.
However, neither of which where checked when I returned it last week. I believe I am going to return it next week before I spend my weekend removing it. It would come out easier this time because all the bolts have been broken loose and I wouldn't have to heat and bet the torsion bars from the cross member. Still doesn't make me want to do it for exercise

What be the opinions of the transmission geniuses?