SSDieselSupply.com
SSDPro-Exhaust.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevy K2500 "Sheriff - Style"

Thumbs up Nice Truck

Nice truck....I'd like to put those strobe lights on my truck, always seems like I'm the first at an accident and waiting for police to get there. I have had some yellow strobes before, but was told by my local DPS (state police) That i can have yellow and blue just not blue and red.

I have to agree with cody, that is one sweet rig! You did a very nice job setting everything up.
    1995 K2500 Silverado, 4x4, 3" SuperLift, 6.5L Turbo Diesel -- 161K miles

Thanks for the positive feedback. Next week i will add and stop light flasher with override function the the taillights. If done, i'll get with some new pictures or perhaps a small video - made with a mobil phone cam.

Cu,
    Sven

Germany ? No thank's ! Anybody here, who offers a job incl. greencard/work permit ? - USA or Canada, it would be a pleasure to immigrate !

1995 Chevrolet K2500 Ext.Cab SB, FSD-Cooler, 3" Rancho Suspension Lift, Rancho Add-A-Leaf, Warp Speed Performance 4" Exhaust, Custom K&N Intake, 285/75/R16 BFG All-Terrain with 8x16 Alcoa's, 4x4 Posi-Lok, Deezee Bullbar, Stepbars, Lunarvisor, Roll-N-Lock Bedcover, Softtopper Bed Extender, Truck Nuts and much more ...

Nice ride

Quote Originally Posted by Chevylover View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Next week i will add and stop light flasher with override function the the taillights. If done, i'll get with some new pictures or perhaps a small video - made with a mobil phone cam.

Cu,
    Sven

Just added the stop light flasher. Tomorrow there will be a backup lamp flasher and a DRL flasher. I think, than i'll be done.

Cu,
    Sven

Germany ? No thank's ! Anybody here, who offers a job incl. greencard/work permit ? - USA or Canada, it would be a pleasure to immigrate !

1995 Chevrolet K2500 Ext.Cab SB, FSD-Cooler, 3" Rancho Suspension Lift, Rancho Add-A-Leaf, Warp Speed Performance 4" Exhaust, Custom K&N Intake, 285/75/R16 BFG All-Terrain with 8x16 Alcoa's, 4x4 Posi-Lok, Deezee Bullbar, Stepbars, Lunarvisor, Roll-N-Lock Bedcover, Softtopper Bed Extender, Truck Nuts and much more ...

Default Done?

You will never be done. This stuff is more addictive then cocaine.
    North Jersey, 1981 CJ-8 Scrambler 6.2 Liter turbo (6.5 parts GM-4) Diesel, SM-465/NP205, Dana 60's locked (4:10), Hummer Bead Locks 36x12.5 Swampers, Summit Aluminum Radiator/oil, SS Glow Plugs, 180* Stat, 2.25" crossover 3" Exhaust. Rebuilt Injection Pump (unknown how long ago) 85k on Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by njdevi11 View Post
    You will never be done. This stuff is more addictive then cocaine.
    You're right ! Just added a 130 cm CB Antenna and thinking about an Center High Mounted Stop Light Flasher like this :

Brake Light Flasher

Cu,
    Sven
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chevylover; 04-19-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevylover View Post
    Nice to hear that you like it. Actually i have to pay about 520 Euro per year insurance for All-inklusive, even faults by my own are insured - not only the damage i could to an other car for example, also the costs to repair mine. The only thing i have to pay in such case is about 1000 Euro, the rest pays the insurance company. Additional to the insurance i have to pay 210 euro tax every year.

Hamburg is about 150 kilometers away from my location. Nice city, but "Handelloh", i don't know.

Cu,
    Sven
    are you anywhere near Essen. i had an uncle drop in for a visit from 29000 feet. on dec 29 1944. i have an excerpt from his RCAF. diary if you'd care to read it. he was the sole survivor of the aircraft. talks about damage done in germany and stuff. pm me and ill send it. regards Ed
    1998 gmc dually. remote pmd under bumper, 4 inch warpspeed exhaust and 2.25 inch x-over, heath diesel t/m, heath diesel hp4, heath diesel HO injectors, up next i/c and 18-1's......

Quote Originally Posted by edzzed View Post
    are you anywhere near Essen. i had an uncle drop in for a visit from 29000 feet. on dec 29 1944. i have an excerpt from his RCAF. diary if you'd care to read it. he was the sole survivor of the aircraft. talks about damage done in germany and stuff. pm me and ill send it. regards Ed

ESSEN is about 250 kilometers away from Hannover, where I lived nearby.

Cu,
    Sven
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dunno Sven, you might have to give up that shotgun in the US if the barrel is less than 18 inches long...

Our Lakes Patrol Division (check us out at MCSO.org or search for Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and/or Sheriff Joe Arpaio - pink underwear, inmates in tents, you might have heard of him, even in Germany)) used to run the Diesel Blazers and Pickups before we switched to mostly Ford (yuck). Normal patrol ran gas blazers before they got switched out to Ford Expeditions and Explorers too. We still have a few Chevy pick ups in the fleet. The one I am certan of is a crew cab dually witha 454. Our Mounted (horses) unit uses it to pull the horse trailer or the DUI trailer around.

-Will-