SixFiveTurboDiesel.comSixFiveTurboDiesel.com
SSDieselSupply.com - SSDiesel Supply
SSDPro-Exhaust.com, an SSDiesel Supply Company

Go Back   SixFiveTurboDiesel.com > Engine

Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 PM

Exclamation engine stops running

Recently aquired a 1995 GMC 1500/with 6.5 engine,with 184000 miles. It has a problem of just stop running at about 50mph and will usually restart after a couple of seconds., Only , when going around 30mph or below, I have to restart the engine by the starter. It will run for a few hundred yards and here it goes, by stop running, again.
Any assistance/advice on this problem would be most appreciative. I don't know if it will get worst or not, don't know if it is fuel, or maybe the computer,or maybe the fuel pump or something. I am anticipating your suggestions and advice,,,I am much obliged.......
Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to grancito Send a message via Skype™ to grancito

First check for adequate fuel flow from the bleeders, it doesn't sound like air in the fuel. It sounds like wrong fuel cap, or strainer in the tank blocking, rather than lift pump problem.
1994 6.5 turbo GMC K2500 HD suburban "F" VIN FSD heat sync #9 resistor, PMD in the bumper, no cat, mechanical waste gate, 220,000 miles, 4L80E Positrac 3.73 diff, 17 mpg highway.
1982 4x4 shortbed 6.2 Chev 260,000 miles untouched motor 17 MPG 4.27 diff. Best thing I ever owned, 21 years.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Default Pmd

How old is the PMD and where is it located?
1994 K2500 Suburban 280+ mi., F VIN, 4L80E, 3.73 w/posi., 3" turbo back, no cat, FSD Heat Sync, SSDiesel PMD, #9 resistor, SSD heads, SSD intake, fuel miser injectors, Bastard IP (5068)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Smile netwonc

I don't know the age of the PMD but it is attachted to the injector pump and not outside as some I have read about. I recently changed the fuel filter, which has lots of debree inside and it seems to be doing better now, If it was only a filter problem, I am real lucky but am sceptic that the problem is resolved, I do appreciate your advice and will keep you al informed if it happens again, thanks,netwonc